If you are new to kayaking, you might wonder how to attach your kayak to your vehicle.
There are many different ways to do it, but one of the most common methods is to use cam straps on your kayak.
Cam straps are a great way to keep your kayak secure while driving and are also straightforward to use.
They can also be used to secure other gear on the kayak while you are paddling. GoPro cameras are often secured to a kayak for active use.
This article will cover how to use cam straps for a kayak and how they work.
How To Use Cam Straps For A Kayak
Cam straps are essential gear for anyone who owns a kayak.
They are used to secure the kayak to your car’s or truck’s roof, and Cam straps can also tie down other gear inside the kayak.
Here are some tips on how to use cam straps:
1. Make sure the cam strap is the correct size for your kayak. Too small and it won’t provide enough support; too large and it could damage your kayak.
2. Attach the cam strap to the front of the kayak, near the cockpit. Thread the strap through the loop at the front of the kayak and then back through the cam buckle. Pull tight, but don’t overtighten as this could damage your kayak.
3. Repeat step 2 at the rear of the kayak.
4. Once both straps are in place, adjust them so the kayak is level on your vehicle. You don’t want it too low as this could make it challenging to get in and out of, but you also don’t want it too high as this could make it more likely to tip over.
5. When you’re finished, take a quick walk around your vehicle to ensure everything is secure before driving off.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Cam Straps?
There are many benefits of using cam straps, but the most important one is that they provide excellent stability.
This is especially important when you’re carrying a kayak in your car.
Cam straps can also secure other items in your vehicle, such as bicycles or luggage.
Another benefit of using cam straps is that they’re relatively inexpensive. You can find them at most hardware stores or online.
They’re also easy to use, which is another bonus.
Loop the strap around the item you’re trying to secure, and then loop it through the cam buckle.
Pull the strap tight and then close the buckle. That’s all there is to it!
One final benefit of using cam straps is that they’re adjustable, which means you can loosen or tighten the strap as needed, depending on how secure you need it to be.
Cam straps are an essential piece of equipment for anyone who owns a kayak or other large item that needs to be secured on a vehicle.
How Do You Attach The Cam Straps?
First, you’ll want to find two vital points on your kayak where you can attach the cam straps. The front and back of the kayak are usually good spots.
Then, take the cam strap and loop it around one of the attachment points, ensuring the cam is facing inwards. Next, please do the same thing with the other end of the strap, attaching it to the other attachment point.
Now, you’ll want to pull the straps tight and secure them. To do this, twist the cam until it’s facing outwards and then pull on the free end of the strap.
Doing this will tighten the strap and keep it in place. Repeat this process with the other strap.
And that’s it! You have successfully attached your cam straps and are ready to hit the water!
What Are Some Tips For Using Cam Straps?
Cam straps are a versatile and handy tool, whether you’re an avid camper or just someone who likes to be prepared for anything.
Here are some tips on how to use cam straps so that you can make the most out of them:
– To secure a load, cinch the strap around the object as tightly as possible. Then, take the end of the strap and thread it through the buckle. Pull on the end of the strap until it’s tight, then tuck it in or under so that it doesn’t come undone.
– If you need to tie down a particularly large or heavy load, you can use two cam straps in tandem. First, cinch one strap around the object as tightly as possible. Then, take the second strap and thread it through the buckle of the first strap and around the object itself. Pull on both ends of the second strap until it’s tight, then tuck in the loose ends.
– Cam straps can also be used as a makeshift clothesline. String the strap between two trees or other sturdy objects, and hang your wet clothes on it to dry.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to get even more use out of your cam straps than you ever thought possible!
How Do You Remove The Cam Straps?
There are a few different ways to remove cam straps, depending on the type of cam strap you have.
If you have a cam strap with a quick-release buckle, open the buckle and slide the strap out.
If you have a cam strap with a traditional buckle, you need to unbuckle the strap and pull it through the loop to remove it.
If you’re unsure how to remove your specific type of cam strap, consult the instructions with the straps or contact the manufacturer.
In most cases, removing cam straps is a simple process that only takes a few seconds.
I have shown the benefits of using cam straps and how to attach and remove them.
Cam straps are great for securing your kayak and preventing it from moving around, and they are also great for transportation and storing your kayak.
I hope the tips and tricks in this blog post have been helpful and will help you use cam straps more effectively.
Tell us how it goes, and tag us in your photos on Instagram and Facebook!
1 thought on “How to Use Cam Straps on your Kayak”
Comments are closed.